History of EHS
The bulk of the land in the Ellet District was purchased in 1810 from Simon Perkins by three sons of Samuel Ellet, an early settler who moved into the area that year. The Ellet District was annexed to the city of Akron in 1929 and became part of Akron Public Schools the same year. The present Ellet High School on Woolf Avenue opened in 1950. The school replaced the older Ellet High School on Canton Road which served both elementary and high school students. That facility is now known as Ritzman Community Learning Center. Ellet High School had additions in 1957, 1975, and 1987.